CYBER SECURITY OVERVIEW
The world would be a better place without state-sponsored cyberattacks… without criminals working to steal your data… without, every so often, one of your own employees becoming a threat. But these are realities we live with today. Proactive measures are the only option. The moment your environment is compromised, it’s already too late. Security is square one.
- Managed Security is expected to grow from $17B in 2016 to $33B in 2021 (Markets & Markets)
- A new company is hit with ransomware every 40 seconds (Kaspersky Security Bulletin)
- 91% of companies feel vulnerable to hacks (CFO Magazine)
- 79% of global companies experienced a cybercrime in the past 12 months (Source: pwC/CIO & CSO Magazine, Global State of Information Security Survey)
- $4 million dollars is the average cost of a security breach (IBM)
- Pen Test – an attempt to gain access to a network or application via simulated attack; often required for compliance such as PCI
- Risk Assessment – the practice of evaluating an organization’s or IT environment’s current security posture with suggested recommendations for improvement; often performed in reference to a specific security standard or compliance regulation
- Managed SIEM – a real-time, managed solution for Security Information & Event Management, designed to provide a holistic view of a customer’s environment and correlate various data sources to identify threats
- DDoS Mitigation – a solution designed to block Distributed Denial of Service attacks from taking down a network or online application; especially relevant for businesses that do business online
- Access Control – a technique to regulate who or what can use resources or applications on a network; can include Single Sign-On and Identity Access Management
- Perimeter Security – a broad approach to fortify the boundaries of a network; may include firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, instrusion detection, and instrusion prevention.
- Endpoint Protection – a unified solution to protect desktops, laptops, and mobile devices; features include anti-virus, anti-spyware, and personal firewall
- Incident Response – an organized, forensic approach to investigate and remediate a security breach; can be on-demand or via monthly retainer